Monday, December 22, 2008

Bah Humbug?

The local schools are out around town. This explains the unusually high level of teenagers roaming the town, almost like a zombie invasion minus the brain eating aspect and add pimples and annoyingly childish antics. I know I know. I too have been apart of such antics. I now realize just how horrible we were to those businesses and places around town. I try to have grace towards the subject at hand, however it seems that during the holidays this is lacking. After all, starting in October most Americans have had Christmas shoved down their throats with increasing force till the holidays seasons disappears with the After Holidays sales, to slumber, with belly full, until a years time has passed and it awakens again to feast on the un-expecting. I also blame Christmas for the overflow of teenagers in my town.
On a better note, with the influx of teenagers to usually quiet places, a whole gaggle of friends are home from college. I haven't really been to sleep before 2a.m. for the past three days. It has been a most enjoyable couple of days. In fact, we had an excellent evening of the movie, "DeathRace", Waffle house, Nintendo Ds, and copious amounts of fire. A most enjoyable time of year. The next couple of days will prove to be busy and filled with people. However, I usually find myself feeling quite empty, late on Christmas Nights. It seems to come and go quite fast, almost like 'Hit and Run'. There doesn't seem to be much time to really sit and actually enjoy the season. My goal this Christmas will be have at least a few minutes to sit and enjoy. I also wish that you will find a couple minutes to enjoy yourself amidst all the holiday rush.
I have to go locate some headache medicine, stupid Dawson's River kids sleeping in each other's bed!


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget making time for little ol' us while we are down. :)

    ReplyDelete